PBN COURSE – Performance Based Navigation
What is the PBN course?
PBN stands for Performance Based Navigation. According to EASA, all pilots need to have PBN privileges within their Instrument Rating (IR) or Enroute Instrument Rating (EIR) training. This course provides an introduction to the PBN concept and a high level understanding of the differing navigation infrastructure and aircraft functionalities supporting the different navigation specifications.
Entry requirements in PBN Course
- Language: Have proof of Aviation English Certificate, ICAO level 4 prior to start of training.
- License: hold PPL, CPL, MPL or ATPL Licence.
DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
What does the PBN Course include?
Within this framework, TAE Aviation Academy has developed an adequate training course complying with the EASA regulations.
The PBN course consists of 3 phases:
- Theoretical Knowledge Instruction of 5 hours
- Simulator Training of 4 hours on an approved FNPTIIa
- Skill Test of 1 hour on an approved FNPTII
Is TAE's PBN Course Approved by EASA?
We offer a fully approved PBN training course, including theoretical knowledge, as well as simulator training on our in-house ALSIM AL250 simulator.
PRICING & PAYMENT
How much does the PBN cost?
The cost for PBN Training Course is 950€ per pilot.
What is included in this price?
- Ground school
- Simulator fees
- Instructor’s expenses
- Briefing before and after simulator training
- Administration fee
*This price-list is valid until the end of 2022 year. *Flight Examiner’s fees not included
What simulator is used
for the PBN course?
- SEP/IR – Single Engine Piston Instrument Rating
- MEP/IR – Multi Engine Piston Instrument Rating
- PBN – Performance Based Navigation.